Error 403: Forbidden

Friday, September 15, 2006

May I introduce you to the BMW...


Alexander Calder 1975
"My fan mail is enormous. Everyone is under six."


Frank Stella 1976
"The pattern should be regarded as agreeable decoration"


Roy Lichtenstein 1977
"I wanted to use painted lines as a road, pointing the way for the car"
"The design also shows the scenery through which the car has driven. You could call it a list of all the things a car experiences - the only difference is that this car mirrors all these things even before it takes to the road."


Andy Warhol 1979
"I tried to portray speed pictorially."


Ernst Fuchs 1982
"In the painting, I gave expression to various experiences, fears, desires and implorations, but also to free artistic creation. I call this car 'Firefox on Harehunt'. It represents a hare racing across a motorway at night and leaping over a burning car the - primeval fear and bold dream of surmounting a dimension in which we live. It tells me its colors, I read them in its lines and shape, I hear its speedy call and can already see the handsome hare leaping through flames of love, driving away fears."


Robert Rauschenberg 1986


Ken Done 1989


Michael Jagamara Nelson 1989


Matazo Kayama 1990


Cesar Manrique 1990
"combine the notions of speed and aerodynamics with the concept of aesthetic appeal in one object."


Esther Mahlangu 1991
"My art has evolved from the tribal tradition of decorating our homes"


A. R. Penck 1991


Sandro Chia 1992
"Paint me, paint me!"


David Hockney 1995
"BMW gave me the model of the car and I kept looking at it and looking at it"


Jenny Holzer 1999

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

漂亮

Blog Archive

Contributors